Sunday 20 July 2014

Review: The Troop


The Troop
The Troop by Nick Cutter

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Hmm I don't know what to say about this one, I enjoyed it but at the same time I feel I could have stopped reading and easily not have picked it up again.

Yes it had gore and the odd ewww parts but it just didn't have that moment that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up or give that feeling that makes you look behind you just to make sure there's nothing there that I love to experience when reading horror.

The jumping back and forth between the story itself and future military reports from after the fact gives away certain information (Trying to avoid spoilers here!) I would rather have not known as I felt it spoiled it, though I think perhaps if I hadn't known this and been curious as to which individual it referred to, I may not have continued to read the book so in a way it did keep me reading. I also didn't feel like I could connect with any of the characters till almost the very end and then just as it felt like I was getting to really know them the book was over.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment