Sunday 20 July 2014

Review: Goodbye Pink Room: Rose's Story


Goodbye Pink Room: Rose's Story
Goodbye Pink Room: Rose's Story by Jane Grayshon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I received a copy of Goodbye Pink Room from the publishers via Netgalley in return for an honest review.

I'm at a loss for words, I honestly don't know where to begin reviewing this one.
I make a point of picking a book every so often that I know is going to be heartwrenching or have subject material like this one that I will find hard to read. I know many people avoid reading topics such as this, but I believe that if a person is brave enough to share their experience then I should at least be brave enough to read it and listen to their story. It also reminds me how lucky I am and to never take things for granted. It's too easy to shut out the fact that bad things happen in the world that we should keep an eye out for, especially when it comes to children.

This is a heartwrenching tale, child abuse is never a nice subject to read about,let alone live through. To openly talk about an experience like this takes a lot of courage, to then share it with the world in a book, that takes a whole new level of bravery and courage that many of us can't even begin to imagine.

That being said, I found this book very hard to read and not surprisingly because of the subject matter. The book is very much the scattered thoughts of a young, confused and scared child. I found it hard to follow and very confusing and repetative in a lot of parts, I didn't feel like what I was reading was actually being taken in. It just didn't flow in a way that made it possible for me to follow it at all, it was very jumbled and all over the place. Whether that was on purpose to put us in the confused mind of the child in the story, I don't know.

I honestly don't know what else to say, I don't want to be negative, I don't feel like I have a right to judge how this story was told, it's more important that it was told and that it has helped someone somewhere, in some way, to heal a little.

http://scarletaingeal.booklikes.com/



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment