Sunday 20 July 2014

Review: Little Lies


Little Lies
Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I received a copy of Little Lies from the publisher in return for an honest review.

When I first picked up Little Lies I was planning on reading it along with another book, to switch back and forth between the two. That's not what happened, I ended up reading this one in two sittings, my other book being forgotten.

The copy I was reading was an advanced proof, the dialogue was mixed up in a few parts and it was hard to tell who was saying what, so it was a little confusing. Usually this drives me up the wall and sucks some of the enjoyment out and at times will cause me to give up on a book. The fact that this didn't happen with this one just shows how much I got sucked into the story and enjoyed it.

I loved the way the story developed, from the beginning you know something has happened, something with a devastating outcome. As a result you are hooked from the start and want to unravel the story to learn what brought about this event. The characters were funny and engaging, serious and brooding and a whole lot more, the dialogue both humerous and heart wrenching. Little Lies was a fun read but it also has a more serious side that includes abusive relationships, so it's not all fun and games.

This was the first book by Liane Moriarty that I have read and I'll definately be looking to read more of her writing.

http://scarletaingeal.booklikes.com/



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment