Monday 5 January 2015

Review: The Skintaker


The Skintaker
The Skintaker by Frazer Lee

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars




I received a copy of The Skintaker from the author in return for an honest review.

The Skintaker felt a little slow to begin with but that time was used to introduce and to get to know Rosie and her family and to give some detailed background to the characters.

I enjoyed reading this one, the time period of the plot was well written and the character dialogue and interaction worked well. The twists and turns of the story kept it interesting and held my attention, the descriptions of the scenes and environment made them easy to picture in my minds eye.

I enjoyed how Rosie's character developed and grew in the story, she's really put through the ringer and I liked how her confidence and determination grew as the story progressed. From the way the story ends I would like to believe there is going to be more to this story, I want to know what happens to the characters next. Don't get me wrong, the book is wrapped up nicely but there is an opening there for more should the author decide to do so.

3.5 Stars

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | Goodreads | Leafmarks




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment