Tuesday 6 January 2015

Review: The Life Intended


The Life Intended
The Life Intended by Kristin Harmel

My rating: 4 of 5 stars




I received a copy of The Life Intended from the publisher in return for an honest review.

The Life Intended is a story of love, loss and learning to cope with grief and moving on. This book took me on a roller-coaster ride of so many different emotions. It's hard hitting, raw and totally captivating. I cried, I laughed, I smiled and I cried some more. Not many books manage to have me tearing up, never mind bawling my eyes out and reaching for the tissues like this one managed to do.

The characters were so real and down to earth and I felt for and connected to them very easily. I believe in life that everything happens for a reason, that although sometimes bad things happen, we learn and grow from them and there's always something more to come. The story in this book, although it's heart breaking, reflects that belief and shows that even though loss can be a struggle, there's always light at the end of the tunnel and it's not always where you expect to find it.

The Life Intended is more a womans book than a mans, the story is expressed exclusively from a female point of view, with emotions and experiences that perhaps only another female could relate to. Should you decide to pick this one up, and I recommend that you do, be sure to have some tissues handy. It doesn't just tug on those heartstrings, it plays a whole symphony with them!

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | Goodreads | Leafmarks




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment