Saturday 31 December 2016

Review: Under a Watchful Eye by Adam Nevill





Under a Watchful Eye by Adam Nevill

My Rating:

I would like to thank Pan Macmillan for providing me with an advanced reading copy of this book.

I have had this book on the go for a few weeks now and it's not holding my interest. I'm a fan of the author's other works, but for some reason, I'm just not feeling this one. There's is too much dialogue and not enough storyline or action, and it's slow. Too slow - Over half way through the book and it feels like nothing has happened kind of slow. I also don't care enough about the main character to want to keep reading. I find him really irritating and have no interest in where his story is heading.

When I put the book down I'm not drawn to pick it back up. When I do pick it up, in the hope that perhaps in just one more page things will change and I'll begin to enjoy it, I find myself getting bored and my mind wandering. I'm constantly wondering if, or when, something is finally going to happen, or I find myself thinking of other books I could be reading instead.

I have given it a good go, I'm past the 50% reading mark, but it's not holding my attention or drawing me back to it. So, I think it's time to put this one aside and accept that it's just not for me.




Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | LibraryThing

You can also follow me on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment