Monday 12 December 2016

Review: Confrontation with Evil by Steven LaChance



Confrontation with Evil: An In-Depth Review of the 1949 Possession that Inspired The Exorcist - Steven A. LaChance

Confrontation with Evil by Steven LaChance

My Rating:

I would like to thank Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd. for providing me with an advanced reading copy of Confrontation with Evil.

This wasn't what I was expecting. The author is giving his own interpretation of what happened from evidence found in diaries and through research. For the most part, it was an interesting to read, but I started to lose interest later on in the book.

I didn't find the author's voice engaging and even though I was interested in reading about the real story his voice didn't inspire me or make me want to keep reading. I'm not sure that he managed to convincingly suggest an alternative interpretation because much of what he writes is just pure speculation and it was rather drawn out and repetitive.

I started to lose interest in the last third of the book. I felt that a lot of what was being said was repetitive, preachy, drawn out, and bordering on unbelievable fiction in order to fill pages and make the book longer.

All in all, there was some interesting facts and interpretations in the book but the author's voice came across as a little too judgemental, flat, and repetitive at times and he just didn't hold my interest.




Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | LibraryThing

You can also follow me on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment