Sunday 5 July 2015

Review: Hope for the Wicked by Edward Lorn



Hope for the Wicked (Larry Laughlin, #1) - Edward Lorn

 Hope for the Wicked by Edward Lorn

 My Rating:

Well I am never going to unsee those scenes!

I have to admit that this book has been on my to-read list for a while as I'm a huge fan of the author. I have really enjoyed everything I have read from this author so far but I'm not a fan of PI stories so it kept slipping down my list. I wish I had picked it up sooner, it was brutal and I flew through the pages.

As always Lorn's characterization is brilliant. The plot grabs you and packs many well aimed punches that will stick with you long after you have finished. The book is full of the wit and dark humour that I have come to love in Lorn's work, while at the same time full of shocking and hard hitting scenes that worm their way into your brain and can't be unseen.

Highly recommended. I loved everything about this one, so much so I can forgive the sacrilege of what was done to poor Rabbie Burns!!


Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | Leafmarks

2 comments:

  1. Lorn is always a fun read - I'll have to look this one up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is! He's one of my fav authors. I have a whole list of his books to work through.

      Delete