Sunday 6 November 2016

Review: Horrorology by Stephen Jones



Horrorology - Clive Barker, Stephen Jones



Horrorology by Stephen Jones

My Rating:


I would like to thank Quercus for providing me with an advanced reading copy of this book.

I'm really disappointed in this collection, so much so that I have lost all interest in finishing it. I have read eight of the twelve stories and I have come to the conclusion that Stephen Jones's idea of horror and my idea of horror are total polar opposites.

I wouldn't class any of these stories as horror, there was nothing horrifying about them. I found them all rather boring, vague, and disappointing. I started out as I always do with collections, rating each story with the intention of working out the average rating as a whole, but all eight stories were only 1 or 2 star worthy and I can't be bothered wasting any more of my reading time on the last four.

It's taken me a month to get to the half way mark, that says it all really. Time to DNF this one.

Not one I would recommend.



Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes

No comments:

Post a Comment