Sunday 5 October 2014

Review: The Ancient Lawman



The Ancient Lawman by Ian David Noakes

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I received a copy of The Ancient Lawman from the author in return for an honest review.

The prologue takes place in 1656 but there were references to things which were out of place for the time period.

I wasn't keen on any of the characters, there was very little character development. The story jumped between so many different points of view, many of which weren't needed at all, that I found myself unable to care about any of them in any way.

The sex scene was out of place, there was no chemistry or build up towards it. It felt like the kind of cheesy token sex scene that's thrown into bad horror movies without it really adding anything at all to the story.

There was also a lot of formatting errors in the copy I was provided with and a lot of missing words and grammar errors. The story had potential but as it is, it just didn't work for me, it needed a lot more character and plot development.

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
You can also find me on: BookLikes



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment