Saturday 16 August 2014

Review: I Am the Weapon


I Am the Weapon
I Am the Weapon by Allen Zadoff

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I received a copy of I Am the Weapon from the publisher in return for an honest review.

The Weapon is a 16 year old boy who's a trained assassin, we follow his story while he's on his latest assignment, given to him by The Program. The tension builds slowly as his assignment progresses through twists and turns and conflicted decisions that will have you turning page after page.

This book turned out to be a lot better than I was expecting. It was the cover that first caught my eye and then on reading the blurb I found the premise intriguing. I initially picked it up thinking it would be an ideal book for my son, I almost always read most books myself first before allowing him to read them, it's a habit I find hard to break even though he's old enough now that I really don't need to.

I ended up enjoying the book very much myself and read it in one sitting. The way it's written just grabbed my attention and didn't let go. It's told in a first person POV and is done so well that you actually feel like everything is happening right at the moment of reading. It's fast paced, full of action and hooks you, not letting go till you have turned that last page.


Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
You can also find me on: BookLikes



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment