Thursday 25 September 2014

Review: A House in the Country


A House in the Country
A House in the Country by Matt Shaw

My rating: 3 of 5 stars





Aww that ending. I love ghost stories and was really enjoying the book but I wasn't too keen on how it ended. There was potential there for a really good ghost story, lots of haunting and bump in the night stuff and I feel kind of cheated now in a way. Don't get me wrong the ending, although it felt a bit rushed, was still good and brought closure to the story in a very real way, it just wasn't what I was hoping for. I think it kind of ruined the creepy build up and I was dissapointed that it was something totally different than what the story was hinting at all along.

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
You can also find me on: BookLikes



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I am going to put this on my list. You gave me just enough to want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy it :) I'm a huge fan of this author.

    ReplyDelete