Wednesday 2 August 2017

Review: Gather the Daughters by Jennie Melamed



Gather the Daughters by Jennie Melamed

My rating:


I would like to thank Headline for providing me with an advanced reading copy of this book.

Gather The Daughters was a middle of the road read for me. The premise was interesting but it never quite reached its full potential. It didn't have the impact that it should have considering the subject matter. I wanted it to get under my skin but instead, I found it to be predictable and I was left rather disappointed.

The characters came across as carbon copies of each other. There is quite a large cast of young girls in the book and there was only one who stood out from all the others. Things did pick up character wise a little later on in the book but by then it was too late.

All in all, it was ok. I'm not sure I would recommend it though.


Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | LibraryThing

You can also follow me on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment