Saturday 6 December 2014

Review: Doppelganger


Doppelganger
Doppelganger by Sean Munger

My rating: 3 of 5 stars




I received a copy of Doppelgänger from the publisher in return for an honest review.

Anine moves to New York with her new husband, looking forwards to a new life in a new city and a nice new house, life seems to be on the up for Anine. Things aren't as they seem however, there is something sinister in her house and her and her new husband are not being made welcome.

This was a pretty decent read. the characters were nicely developed and the scenes and detail of the era were very well described and set out. I feel there could have been a bit more tension in the actual haunting but it was still a good read. The story revolves more around society, life and the times rather than concentrating on the fear and atmosphere that I would have liked to have seen.

The book held my attention and I wanted to keep reading to learn what the outcome was. I wasn't a huge fan of the ending, I just don't understand why Anine just accepted the ending in the way she did.

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | Goodreads | Leafmarks



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment