Tuesday 18 November 2014

Review: Abram's Bridge


Abram's Bridge
Abram's Bridge by Glenn Rolfe

My rating: 4 of 5 stars




I received a copy of Abram's Bridge from the publisher in return for an honest review.

At 85 pages Abram's Bridge is a quick read, it's a ghost story but it's also a lot more than just that. The story revolves around Lil'Ron meeting the ghost of a young girl, so it is at it's heart a ghost story but it also has elements of thriller, suspense and the horror every day people are capable of. Drawn to the Sweet Kate, Lil'Ron spends more and more time with her and wants to know what happened to her and why she is still around, little does he know that in looking into her death his life will change drastically. Every town has their secrets and this small town is no different.

Short stories tend to be a hit or miss for me, many of them have big gaps in the story where the reader has to try fill in the information themselves, or on finishing you're left with questions and no answers given and you're left wondering what the heck just happened or they lack depth and background and have boring flat characters. Abram's Bridge had none of that, it's a good solid story with a main character you can't help but like and root for. The pacing and tension builds slowly throughout and the story has a good beginning, middle and end and held my attention easily.

I enjoyed this one, it took me on a whole different journey than I was expecting.

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | Goodreads | Leafmarks




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment